I know it’s not Throwback Thursday or whatever, but a snapshot of Ron & me as Renn Wonder Woman & Superman has been making the rounds on FB, so I thought I’d share some of these - my Renaissance Wonder Woman from our Renn JLA group at DragonCon a few years back.
In 2009 at DragonCon, my husband (Superman!) was brainstorming with a friend of ours and they thought doing a Renaissance take on the JLA would be a LOT of fun, so we floated the idea to our friends, they thought it was awesome, and TADA, we did it the next year! Since 2010 we’ve seen a couple other groups do it too, and while I’ve no idea if they saw our group and got inspired, or if they came up with the idea on their own… either way it doesn’t matter - I’m just super happy that so many people think it’s a neat idea and we’ve all found yet another way to express ourselves creatively. Also, lordofhaladin was the talented seamstress behind both mine & ronaldtgarner's costumes.
Also, one of my favorite things to do is to find other Wonder Women and take pictures with them when I’m in this. The more Wonder Women the better!
Full costume post with all group shots can be found here.
1. 2011 Dragon*Con Renn JLA, complete with Jimmy Olsen drawing our picture. brightcopperpenny, wildcard47, sirrogue,
2. 2010 Dragon*Con, the trinity - sirrogue as Batman, ronaldtgarner as Supes.
3. Ron and I testing out our costumes for the first time in 2010.
4. Found a big giant flag, couldn’t resist. DragonCon 2010.
5. Found a Wonder Woman, couldn’t resist. DragonCon 2010.
6. Maryland RennFaire with our girls in 2013 - our youngest’s Rapunzel dress is also by lordofhaladin
7. Maryland RennFaire 2013 - WE FOUND BATMAN!